Skinpress Demo Rss

Twitter Party Tweets by Adam Lambert (1-20-12)

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Friday, January 20, 2012

Posted at : Friday, January 20, 2012

Transcript by ADAM LAMBERT FAN CLUB:

1. a lil music education moment: FALSETTO. It's not full, belted out chest voice. It's small, light pretty head voice. Widely misunderstood. :)
2. ...not to b rude - but it's so often used to describe my voice but I hardly ever use my falsetto. Jus' sayin'
3. One of my fav examples of a wicked falsetto is "Kiss" by Prince. A full tenor chest voice is "Open Arms" by Journey. get the distinction?
4. @go4itanywy that's called Vibratto. ;)
(above a reply to @go4itanyway: @adamlambert what is it called when the voice "shakes" a little on high notes?)
5. “@lestermendez: @adamlambert BUT, when you do sing falsetto, its pure and utter win!” hahah thanks Lester!!
(above a reply to @lestermendez: @adamlambert BUT, when you do sing falsetto, its pure and utter win!)
6. @nrhgardner naw I don't do much of a mix. (prob would be 'safer' for my voice, but..)
(above a reply to @nrhgardner: @adamlambert You're belts are mixed though aren't they? As in not all out chest? Sounds craaaazzzy whatever it is.)
7. Haha this is fun. All you singers know exactly what I'm talking about.
8. @PersianGlamDr on the last album i used falsetto in Broken Open, A Loaded Smile and the "eyes baby eyes" part of Music Again.
(above a reply to @PersianGlamDr: @adamlambert in which one of ur sings u've used FALSETTO?!:D)
9. @CazGlambert_ only when it's high and really light. If its powerful and loud it's called a "belt" "full" or "chest voice".
(above a reply to @CazGlambert_: @adamlambert I THOUGHT FALSESETTO WAS WAN U WENT REALLY HIGH.)
10. @AhhhAdam yes. Good example. The "nervous" line. But the big "look right thru me aaaaand..." was a belt.
(above a reply to @AhhhAdam: @adamlambert And on "nervous" in Mad World.)
11. BTIKM is def not falsetto. It's fuckin high! Def tricky. :) but it feels so great to wail that out. Cathartic.
12. The difference isn't so much about the note being hit, it's HOW it's being hit. Bass/alto/tenor/soprano are vocal ranges.
13. Ok. Nuff of all that. I'm such a nerd.
14. But if u wanna hear more great falsetto check out Jeff Buckley, Matthew Bellamy of Muse and Radiohead. :)
15. @JoStBeans haha yes. The BeeGees sang most of their tunes in Falsetto.
(above a reply to @JoStBeans: @adamlambert Bee Gees!)
16. @adamsminion ok! A bridge is the middle section of a song that is diff from the rest. the bridge in BTIKM starts w "I get kinda dark"...
(above a reply to @adamsminion: @adamlambert At your next class can you explain what a bridge, hook, etc are? Pros talk about the bridge in BTIKM. What is it? *feelin dumb*)
17. @adamsminion a hook is the catchy part that gets stuck in your head. Usually they're in a chorus, and sometimes they're elsewhere.
(above a reply to @adamsminion: @adamlambert At your next class can you explain what a bridge, hook, etc are? Pros talk about the bridge in BTIKM. What is it? *feelin dumb*)
18. @adamsminion the hook in WWFM is the line "whattaya want from me". The guitar plays it at the beginning and it's in a post-chorus.
(above a reply to @adamsminion: @adamlambert At your next class can you explain what a bridge, hook, etc are? Pros talk about the bridge in BTIKM. What is it? *feelin dumb*)
19. Another GREAT falsetto singer is Justin Timberlake. He uses it all the time. And he's real good at it.
20. @AidanMcEwan middle 8 and bridge are the same thing. Two different names. :)
(above a reply to @AidanMcEwan: @adamlambert Thought that was the Middle 8?)
21. Another example of falsetto is the incredibly sexy jam "Hypnotize U" by N.E.R.D. Pharrell werks that vocal out!
22. It Will Rain by Bruno Mars is in chest voice. The only part that's falsetto is the OOOOh's. He has got one hell of a voice! Big fan.
23. @nieceyE another interchangeable term. Means the same thing.
(above a reply to @nieceyE: @adamlambert What's the difference between a run and a riff?)
24. @allakovalkova yeah Mika!! Another good example of falsetto.
(in reply to @allakovalkova: @adamlambert And what do you think about Mika's voice?)
25. @reevecarney thanks Reeve!
(in reply to @reevecarney: @adamlambert I'm with you. Bruno is great. And so are you.)


Thanks to Adam Lambert Fan club!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Adam Lambert Fan Club for putting this up. This was a great twitter party, interesting ,nice polite people. I just loved it. I'll be showing off my new knowledge as soon as the radio is playing in a car with alot of people in it. he hee

Anonymous said...

Wow, Adam is giving a voice theory class...wonderful, a favourite topic of mine. By the way, Adam's A Loaded Smile is high on my list of his songs. Frankly, if I were to arrange my Adam favourite songs, it will be a linear list as in a horizontal straight line rather than vertical; simply because there are so many firsts! The song that Adam sang in his complete falsetto is My Conviction/Hair...stunning! Well, glad to learn the terms, cathartic and chest voice. The shakiness or sometimes I refer to as tremour...it's vibrato, I got that right! :)
Lam-my

Anonymous said...

Okay got question for someone to answer. The show must go on anyone have a clue what voice Adam sang that in?

Anonymous said...

Hi 7:24, just my opinion, The Show Must Go On...I think sung mostly in alto/tenor, didn't hear much falsetto, maybe a little. I mean Adam switches from one voice range to another; very fast. I was so intent on listening to Adam sing and you know, with all the pacing and waving, didn't actually pay much attention to the voice range. That was really something else of a performance! :)
Lam-my

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering that one. One more for ya!!! Time for Miracles and Can't Let You Go?

Anonymous said...

Now I finally know what a bridge is- Everyones been mentioning that on bTIKM. Interesting, learned a few things tonight. Adam loves talking music so this was right up his alley I'm sure.

brownie

Anonymous said...

It gets me so angry when people think adam is screaming the high notes- They are pefectly pitched I tell people, unlike should I say it JD is not perfectly pitched, but some people are just tone deaf I think. I always here a fab note when adam sings high, never off pitch ever. i also am partially deaf in 1 ear for real.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine ANY other pop/rock star doing a twitter like this. Adam is one of a kind. He knows his stuff and takes it seriously All his musical training is so valuable and relevant to what he is doing. He makes me feel smarter just reading his tweets about musical terms. Adam is so sweet, sexy and smart!
DRG

Anonymous said...

I Love Time For Miracles and Can't Let You Go, two of my favorites Nah They all are just curious of the voice sound they are.

Anonymous said...

Hi 8:04, well, just my opinion again; as I've mentioned I don't really pay attention to Adam's voice range perse. These two you mentioned, I think a lot sung in his alto, the high end, complemented with his mellower beautiful tenor. You will remember Adam remarked he practically sang for his life for Time For Miracles because he was pushed to hit those high alto notes. He seldom does bass but he actually can. I heard that incidentally when he sang at the Upright Cabaret. :)
Lam-my

Anonymous said...

That explains why Adam hits the highest notes I've ever heard from him in "My Conviction". He's using his beautiful, perfect, falsetto as opposed to chest voice. You've got to check it out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1IsOQhEH4

JB

PS - @8:15 I agree,he may belt out a song, perfectly on pitch, but he NEVER screams!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the JB for the link to Adam singing "My Conviction" from Hair. I've heard it many times and am always stunned by his vocal prowess. So perfect, so controlled, so IN CHARACTER. He is utterly amazing. I wonder if acting and theater will be in his future again? How could it NOT!
DRG

Anonymous said...

@ DRG 7:13, Totally agree.

Awesome, Adam giving voice info... I LOVE it!! What a GREAT example of what's falsetto -(and what's NOT)

@ Lam-my with you @ 7:01

@ JB THANK you for providing the LINK to "My Conviction". AMAZING, amazing voice control... Stunnung as Lam-my put it.

Anyone who's never heard this, you owe it to yourself as an Adam fan or even casual admirer to hear what this amazing singer is capable of.
Click now!!! The entire music industry should click and listen. (Bieber should listen, and realize he should stop trying to sing.)

Adam is a true vocal MASTER. I so hope this album will allow him to shine as brightly as we all know he does and emerge as the Iconic star he should be.

Cindy

glitzylady said...

Re Adam's performance of "My Conviction" from Hair: (Which is so amazing!)

I asked Adam some questions during his Master Class in Vocal Technique twitter party yesterday, and one of my questions was directed specifically to "My Conviction": I asked him if it was Falsetto or Chest voice...Unfortunately, he didn't answer my question (oh well), but someone who follows me is a professional singer and she said that she thought he was using his "chest voice" and it was either "half belt" or "full belt". She was going to re-listen and get back to me on that..I'll let you know what she says...Just interesting : ) No matter what technique he used, his range is incredible...

Anonymous said...

Hi glitzy, (aw sorry you didn't get a reply)

It sounds like BOTH, to my unprofessional but very educated and extremely HAPPY ear, I'd
say at least 90% chest... or more.

From his own description, the one word that sounds like falsetto the way Adam described it is the word 'ARE'... near the very end.

I would LOVE TO actually SEE a video of this. He really performed-ACTED it with such exagerated character. His face must have been so expressive. (and funny!)
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Cindy
Thanks and yes like you say, I'd really love to watch a video of the mentioned. His vocals were spectacular and the audience's thunderous applause kept me imagining and speculating what he was dressed in to perform a song like that. I'm sure you would have seen Crawl Through Fire as well, brandishing a rake and whipping off his jacket! Another vocal spot-on but whoa! there was something really juicing, wasn't there... LOL. :)
Lam-my

Anonymous said...

@ Lam-my.. ahhh yes =)

After this thread discusing "My Conviction" and Adam's amazing vocal control and ability, I was driven to go back and listen with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, to absolute vocal perfection... the holy grail of Adam's performances... SIGH...
"Come to Me Bend to Me"
I Haven't heard it in a little while. What an absolute >JOY< to re-visit. and see wonderful comments as recent as this week, a few days ago, to 4 hours ago.

Sheer perfection...
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Come to Me, Bend to Me is utterly sublime. Heard it many times. Wish to God there was a video.
DRG

glitzylady said...

@Lam-my 5:57 PM
If you haven't seen the musical "Hair" (maybe you have..), you might be interested to know that the scene in which Adam sings "My Conviction" involved Adam being dressed as a woman..actually as a man in drag... It is a VERY funny scene (I saw a touring production of HAIR a year ago)..Hence the high register of the song. So not quite the same visual impact as his "Crawl Through Fire" outfit (unfortunately..)!

You get the idea here from this production of "Hair"..not the one Adam was in of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Df3GzB9MWQ

I would LOVE to see a full length tape of the production Adam was in...wouldn't we all??!!! There are some stills out there..but no video that has emerged. Yet. Would definitely be worth a LOT of $$$$$$ being Hair and all and with Adam in it......I'm very sure Adam hopes it never comes out, so to speak.....

Anonymous said...

glitzylady
I was on tour in London many years ago and they were showing Hair; actually for many years. But didn't get to see it. Anyway, from the audio, as I have speculated, I guessed he would likely be dressed as a female. And that too was why I felt he was singing in his falsetto. Anyway, Crawl Through Fire gave me that special Adam high! I have not seen any stills, definitely not a video of Adam singing My Conviction. Thanks. :)
Lam-my